TERMS & CONDITIONS - PLEASE READ
Handmade & Vintage is an internet based business.
Please bear in mind that I am selling vintage items (or made from vintage). This means that they are old and most will have lived a previous life and may have flaws or marks that will reflect this. I don't note every single mark that may not be immediately noticable. Linens may have laundry marks either sewn in or printed onto the cloth. These are not flaws, they reflect a time when outside companies did the laundry.
You can pay with your credit or debit card or via a Paypal account if you have one. If paying with Paypal you will receive a receipt with the total in both Pounds Sterling and your local currency. Please be aware that I have no access to your financial details nor do I set the exchange rate or impose any fees.
Items are sent Airmail (Small Packets) and will always be tracked. Prices are calculated on the weight of the items; as an example, items that add up to 500gms in weight will cost (approx) £6.00 to £10.00 to send to Europe and between £9.00 and £12.00 to Australia/USA depending on the value of the contents. The website should calculate the cost automatically to: Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand. If it doesn't, or if you live in a country not listed, just email and I can send you the cost.
Items over £80.00, or special orders will need extra insurance. This is easy to calculate so I would always let you know if there are likely to be extra postage charges.
Please remember that I am NOT responsible for any or all import charges or any other fees that you may incur when receiving goods. If the local customs place a charge on the item before it can be delivered it is your responsibility to pay it. If you decide to refuse delivery of the item to avoid these charges I will refund the item cost on its return to me, but not the postal costs. There is a re-stocking fee of 15% on these items.
Postage is banded and calculated by weight. Within the UK anything weighing up to 250 grams is £2.50. Up to 1 kilogram the cost is £4.50 and up to 2 kilogrammes it is £6.00. After that it's banded by kilograms - the postage will always calculate BEFORE you are commited to making the payment. Packages will either be sent via Royal Mail or courier - depending on the size/weight. Please note that all but the smallest items WILL NEED TO BE SIGNED FOR. I know this is sometimes irritating but it's the only protection I have if something goes missing. I'm not Amazon - I can't afford to just write off losses :)
If you need something in a hurry then just email me at email@example.com. I can alway send things on a Special Delivery and add the cost of postage to your invoice.
Packages bought before midday will usually be posted the same day, all items are dispatched with 24 hours of purchase (unless I am away and there is a note on the site). If a parcel fails to arrive within 7 days please contact me so that I am aware of the situation. In the UK I usually allow 14 days to elapse before marking it as a lost delivery. For overseas parcels it's 21 days. If items do go missing, a refund or replacement will be offered after the elapsed time*.
*It's rare for parcels to go missing. Occasionally things take longer to arrive than they should - especially those going to the USA and Australia - but they do generally turn up (or arrive back here!). I ask for you to wait before I refund because I'm always optimistic! If they don't turn up, your money will come back to you via your payment method.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Fabrics:There are no refunds available on cut lengths of fabric. If you order a cut piece - ie: less than the total amount available - then it has been cut for you and can't be returned. There are lots of pictures for the fabrics and I do try to list all the flaws I find so please check the descriptions carefully. I'm always happy to provide extra information or photographs - just contact me before you order.
If you order pre-cut pieces or the whole length of fabric then it is possible to return it for a refund if you have not subsequently cut it into smaller pieces. Please contact me on receipt of the fabric that you wish to return and let me know your intentions. Buyers are responsible for the return postage costs and refunds are only paid once it has arrived back here and been checked. Please pay for tracking on your return. The original postage costs are not refundable.
If I have completely missed a major flaw in a product or fabric then it can be returned for a full refund (including any postage) within 14 days. As mentioned above - these are VINTAGE fabrics and made from vintage items so please do not lodge a complaint on the basis that they are not new.
I hope that you will like what you have bought. Handmade & Vintage is a very small company and part of the joy is sharing lovely, old things with customers. I can't refund something just because you have changed your mind. However, if you have bought a vintage item as a gift and it's not quite right I will offer a credit note on return of the item, unused, within 14 days. Again, the customer is responsible for the return postage.
Special orders cannot be exchanged or refunded.
The VINTAGE BUNTING can be made to any length and personalised with photographs or text of your choosing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to send jpegs and information, and for a quote.
HATSTANDS can be made in any suitable fabric - you can either choose it and send it to me or send me the details of where to buy it.
BESPOKE/CUSTOM MADE QUILTS and PATCHWORK items are priced according to size and complexity.
You will be invoiced for 50% of the agreed making-up cost plus 50% of the estimated postage at the start of the work. On completion a further invoice will be sent for the remaining 50% of the quilt cost plus the balance of the postage. The item will be posted on receipt of the cleared payment.
Please note that once the work has started on a bespoke order it cannot be refunded. If you fail to pay the balance on completion then I will retain the original 50% payment to cover the work and materials. This excludes the paid for estimated postage cost, which will be refunded.
In order to keep the postage low (or free), and to do my bit to protect the environment, a lot of the packaging is recycled. This means that your item may well arrive in preused boxes or packages. This doesn't mean that I skimp on packaging or protection (far from it!) but not everything that protects your item will be new.
Your details are never shared with anyone. Your name and address is used solely to post items to you and your email address is used to let you know when something is on the way. I do post an occasional newsletter, if you'd like to be included you need to sign up. Otherwise you can usually find news and gossip on the Facebook page - obviously I'd be happy to see you there and welcome you as a friend! http://www.facebook.com/handmadeandvintage.
THE SMALL PRINT
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Trudi Davies, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you can write to me at: Handmade & Vintage, 41 Varndean Gardens, Brighton, BN1 6WJ, UK